[48664] trunk/dports/_resources/port1.0/group/cmake-1.0.tcl

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Thu Mar 26 19:09:37 PDT 2009

Orville Bennett wrote:
> On Mar 26, 2009, at 8:35 PM, Rainer Müller wrote:
>> Not all software using cmake is automatically KDE related. Why did you
>> change it to qt4-kde by default? I would like to avoid having to
>> install
>> multiple versions of qt4-*.
> I assumed nothing else was using the cmake portgroup besides the kde
> stuff.
> I didn't even think of the issue until after commiting this.
> I've reverted this change, thanks for bringing it to my attention. I
> totally forgot about it after I realized this goof (ah, the internet.
>  From trac ticket to twitter. Such a slippery slope.)

Thanks for the fix. For example I am using doxygen +wizard which depends
on qt4-mac.

>> Also, all ports using this port group would need a revision bump for
>> such a change by our conventions.
> Can portgroups themselves get revisions?

No, port groups are just treaten as includes. Which means the code in
the port group is put at the place you use PortGroup. So we need to find
all ports using this port group.

Not really fast, but works better than plain recursive grep:

  find trunk/dports/ -type f -name Portfile -print0 | \
    xargs -0 grep 'PortGroup[ \t]*kde4'

For convenience, here is a list of all ports using PortGroup kde4:
(based on r48670)

audio/phonon
audio/taglib-devel
devel/akonadi