Archives and Packages (was Re: Universal and binary builds)

Jeff Johnson n3npq at mac.com
Sat Mar 28 17:10:28 PDT 2009

On Mar 28, 2009, at 8:03 PM, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> So, in order to "grant my wish", you're saying that you have also
> accepted the Religion Of The Four Criteria into your heart and will
> next start contributing some MacPorts code to accomplish this?
> Huzzah!  I can hardly wait! :-)

No, I'm a devout atheist, no religion needed.

I'm saying that you were largely honking the same Newer! Better!
Bestest!
themes 5+ years ago.

And MacPorts still has none of the infrastructure that you've outlined,
however reasonable your goals may be. The goals, in fact, are
reasonable.

And truly, my only quibble is with "completed", there's certainly huge
differences between rpm and xpkg no matter how much you wish to
lump them together.

Have fun with the snake oil!

73 de Jeff