PortIndex2MySQL run failure on Sunday 2009-05-24 at 13:15:00

Jyrki Wahlstedt jwa at macports.org
Wed May 27 10:36:48 PDT 2009

On 25.5.2009, at 12.19, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On May 24, 2009, at 16:04, Joseph A Holsten wrote:
>
>> Bryan Blackburn wrote:
>>
>>> So we now have a midgard2-core under devel [1] and one in www [2],
>>> considering r51369 [3] I'm guessing the one in www should be
>>> deleted?
>>>
>>> [1] - <http://trac.macports.org/log/trunk/dports/devel/midgard2-
>>> core>
>>> [2] - <http://trac.macports.org/log/trunk/dports/www/midgard2-core>
>>> [3] - <http://trac.macports.org/changeset/51369>
>
> Agreed, I removed the copy in www in r51449.
>

>> If that's going to change, www/midgard-{apache2,core,data} probably
>> need to move too.
>
> The description of each of those ports reads:
>
> "Midgard is a content management system platform using Apache, PHP
> and MySQL."
>
> The description of midgard2-core reads:
>
> "Midgard is a content repository system platform with bindings in
> PHP, Python etc."
>
> The commit message for r51369 reads:
>
> "change categories to reflect the changed nature of Midgard2
> framework from the previous version"
>
> Based on that, I assumed Midgard 1 was properly placed in www, while
> Midgard 2 now has a larger focus. But I don't know Midgard so I will
> let the maintainer decide.

Yes,
you have made quite the correct assumption. Midgard2 is a general
framework, its correct place is in development, as well as
corresponding php package belongs to php category. I am very sorry
about the confusion.

To explain, not to defend, I used svn move to do the transfer. When I
did the commit, there were some permission issues, and I didn't notice
that the old ports were not deleted. This goes for midgard2-core and
php5-midgard2 in www. The latter caused some problems also today, but
I checked that it at least isn't visible there at the moment.

!
! Jyrki Wahlstedt
!	http://www.wahlstedt.fi/jyrki/
!
! Our life is no dream; but it ought to become one and perhaps will.
! PGP key ID: 0x139CC386 fingerprint: F355 B46F 026C B8C1 89C0  A780
6366 EFD9 139C C386