tcl testing: where is reinplace declared?

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Wed May 27 14:43:57 PDT 2009

On 2009-05-27 23:23, Darren Weber wrote:

> Following the wiki dev tips, I'm doing this:
>
> rlwrap tclsh8.4
> % source /Library/Tcl/macports1.0/macports_fastload.tcl
> % package require Pextlib
>
> It doesn't provide the 'reinplace' command.  Also, the following comes
> up with nothing:
>
> grep "*reinplace*" /Library/Tcl/macports1.0/*
>
> Where is this little gem and can it be required in tclsh8.4?

It is defined in port1.0.

$ rlwrap tclsh
% source /Library/Tcl/macports1.0/macports_fastload.tcl
0
% package require macports 1.0
1.0
% set portarchivemode no
no
% package require port 1.0
1.0
% reinplace
reinplace ?-E? pattern file ...
%

Don't ask me why it looks for a global variable portarchivemode... But
setting it to any value works around the problem.

HTH,
Rainer