tcl testing: where is reinplace declared?

Darren Weber dweber at macports.org
Wed May 27 15:28:15 PDT 2009

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 2:43 PM, Rainer Müller <raimue at macports.org> wrote:

> On 2009-05-27 23:23, Darren Weber wrote:
> >
> > Following the wiki dev tips, I'm doing this:
> >
> > rlwrap tclsh8.4
> > % source /Library/Tcl/macports1.0/macports_fastload.tcl
> > % package require Pextlib
> >
> > It doesn't provide the 'reinplace' command.  Also, the following comes
> > up with nothing:
> >
> > grep "*reinplace*" /Library/Tcl/macports1.0/*
> >
> > Where is this little gem and can it be required in tclsh8.4?
>
> It is defined in port1.0.
>
> $ rlwrap tclsh
> % source /Library/Tcl/macports1.0/macports_fastload.tcl
> 0
> % package require macports 1.0
> 1.0
> % set portarchivemode no
> no
> % package require port 1.0
> 1.0
> % reinplace
> reinplace ?-E? pattern file ...
> %
>
> Don't ask me why it looks for a global variable portarchivemode... But
> setting it to any value works around the problem.
>
> HTH,
> Rainer

Very helpful, thanks Rainer!

So ~/bin/macports_testing.tcl now looks like this:

source /Library/Tcl/macports1.0/macports_fastload.tcl
package require macports 1.0
set portarchivemode no
package require port 1.0
package require Pextlib

Then, being sure to use tclsh8.4,

[ dweber at X ~ ]$ rlwrap tclsh8.4
% source /Users/dweber/bin/macports_testing.tcl
1.0
% reinplace
reinplace ?-E? pattern file ...
%

Thanks again,
Darren

PS, I know grep isn't glob ;-)  The grep was a bash command to search all
the macport .tcl files.