architecture wanted: ppc7400

Anders F Björklund afb at macports.org
Fri Oct 2 05:12:47 PDT 2009

Rainer Müller wrote:

> On 2009-10-01 22:24 , Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>> My intention is to still support 10.4 and PowerPC.
>
> In my opinion we should drop that now. If someone is still using Tiger
> on a PowerPC based Mac then they should get Leopard now because it is
> the last OS version they will ever get. And if someone is still using
> Tiger on Intel, Snow Leopard is cheap enough to make a argument
> because
> of the price more or less invalid. Why else wouldn't you want to
> upgrade?

I'm running Tiger on my 64-bit PowerPC and Leopard on my 32-bit Intel,
mostly since I couldn't see any reason to upgrade either a second time.

Seemed the like biggest reason to upgrade to Snow Leopard was to get
better support for your newer 64-bit Intel or newer graphics card...

> We should stick to our support plan which is that the two latest major
> Mac OS X releases are supported, namely Leopard and Snow Leopard.

I thought the "support plan" (if there is such a thing as support)
said "Snow Leopard, Leopard and Tiger as a legacy platform"...

And then kill Tiger support for next major release, just like it
said "Leopard, Tiger and Panther as a legacy platform" earlier ?

--anders