architecture wanted: ppc7400

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Fri Oct 2 08:14:55 PDT 2009

On Oct 2, 2009, at 8:12 AM, Anders F Björklund wrote:
> I thought the "support plan" (if there is such a thing as support)
> said "Snow Leopard, Leopard and Tiger as a legacy platform"...

We had agreed a long while back to support the current and previous
major release.

> And then kill Tiger support for next major release, just like it
> said "Leopard, Tiger and Panther as a legacy platform" earlier ?

Both with the release of 10.5 and 10.6, Ryan has expressed desire to
keep support for the older release. As a general rule, we don't
discourage anyone from making things work on older releases, but
eventually base/ changes tend to make things not work (or not work
easily).

Personally, I don't go out of my way to support anything other than
the current/previous major releases, but am willing to incorporate
fixes from other people into ports I maintain for older releases.

--
Daniel J. Luke