confusion in base regarding [option os.arch] and ${os.arch}

Anders F Björklund afb at macports.org
Wed Oct 7 23:55:21 PDT 2009

Jeremy Lavergne wrote:

> Does anyone care to check my changes?  This patch enables the use
> of build_arch for the portarchive mode naming schemes.  This
> includes the directory and the portion of the archive name
> involving the arch.
>
> It works for me, but I only have an x86_64 to test on.

Regarding http://trac.macports.org/changeset/58977,

While you are changing things, you might want to replace
[option os.platform] with something that includes version,
so that it'd look in e.g. "darwin/10" instead of in "darwin" ?

http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-dev/2007-July/002033.html

This would not be so important for the local archives, but
more for when retrieving remote archives - just that so far
they have both been using the same directory structure...

http://trac.macports.org/ticket/8571

--anders