pureftpd creates files outside of prefix

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Fri Oct 9 02:04:32 PDT 2009

These seem to be scoreboard files, which amount to live stats.  I am
really new to this territory, and trying to see what I can do to help,
so be kind.

grepping the source:
ftpwho-update.h

# ifdef NON_ROOT_FTP
#  define SCOREBOARD_PATH CONFDIR "/pure-ftpd-ftpwho"
# else
#  define SCOREBOARD_PATH "/var/run/pure-ftpd"
# endif
#define SCOREBOARD_PREFIX "client-"

I am assuming # is not a comment in C, or has special treatment. That
path is hard coded, I believe there would need to be a patch made for
the portfile to change that to that of ${prefix} in front of it?

But this may just be the ftpwho command, and where it looks.  I can
not find solid reference to where the actual creation of the
scoreboard directory happens at.

The man pages, make multiple references to non ${prefix} based
locations.  I suppose those need cleaning as well?

This is a strange one, as you can supply the path to the ftp.log and ftp.xfer.log
  as startup args, in which case I get to put them wherever I want.  I
chose to put them in ${prefix}.

However, each of the defaults is in fact hard coded into the source,
and I am guessing needs to be patched.

Curious, is the correct procedure to have arbitrary paths that people
may want to change be a configure option, Or is it unique to Mac
Ports, and just reinplace the files carefully?

I will do my best on this one, but it may be out of my league.  It is
currently nomaintainer, so I could take it over, but will need a
little handholding I suspect.