tcl needs --disable-corefoundation

Jack Howarth howarth at bromo.med.uc.edu
Sun Oct 11 10:21:51 PDT 2009

On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 06:58:55PM +1100, Joshua Root wrote:
> On 2009-10-11 04:44, Jack Howarth wrote:
> > Also, why do we build
> > python26 and install it as a framework? Was there a specific
> > reason for that change compared to how the python25 package
> > is built?
>
> Well, python25 is also installed as a framework, and the reason for that
> is that you don't get pythonw otherwise.
>
> - Josh

Josh,
   I am confused though as to why the python26 package doesn't provide
the same access to its headers and development libraries as the python25
package. In the case of the of python25 for example, we have the headers
included in /opt/local/include/python2.5 with a symlink in
/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/include. In
the case of python26, we don't have anything in /opt/local/include. This
means that the pymol patch had to be changed to use...

-PYTHON_INC_DIR = -I/sw/include/python2.3 \
-       -I/sw/include/python2.3/Numeric
+PYTHON_INC_DIR = -I at PREFIX@/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/include/python2.6 \
+       -I at PREFIX@/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/include/python2.6/Numeric

etc. Likewise, in python25, we have the actual subdirectory in
/opt/local/lib/python2.5 with a symlink to that directory in
/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib
whereas with python26 there is nothing in /opt/local/lib. These
seme like pretty radical changes in the packaging between
python25 and python26.
            Jack