tcl needs --disable-corefoundation

Jack Howarth howarth at bromo.med.uc.edu
Sun Oct 11 11:10:50 PDT 2009

On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 07:48:37PM +0200, Rainer Müller wrote:

> Actually software should be asking python where it's headers are (by
> using python*-config or requesting the path to
> lib/python2.6/config/Makefile). The assumption of include/python* does
> just not always hold true.

Rainer,
  The configure in pymol is rather broken and creates dylibs for the
python modules in the wrong location (hence all of the nasty hacks in
the previously proposed package for pymol 1.1)...

https://trac.macports.org/attachment/ticket/17419/Portfile

It is much simplier to just avoid configure and use the unix based
.delsci Makefiles to properly build pymol...

http://trac.macports.org/ticket/21376

I could patch the Makefiles to execute python*-config within
the Makefiles but since MacPorts doesn't support packages as -py
variants like fink that seems rather pointless. I'll just change
the patch to redirect towards the headers and shared libraries
when I update the proposed packaging to build against python26.
             Jack