Dependency on developer tools

Michael Crawford mdcrawford at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 17:44:36 PDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 5:30 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
> I would want to track the user's current Mac OS X, Xcode and MacPorts
> versions, and for each installed port, its epoch, version, revision,
> variants, build_arch, universal_archs. Of course, we don't currently track
> build_arch and universal_archs for each installed port, though we really
> need to.

Perhaps it would be useful to use an AppleScript to launch System
Profiler, then generate and submit a System Profiler report.

That would get you extremely detailed information.

Some users might feel that it was excessively obtrusive though.

Mike
--
Michael David Crawford
mdcrawford at gmail dot com