Port review of pure-ftpd

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Fri Oct 30 06:37:29 PDT 2009

On 2009-10-30 10:58 , Scott Haneda wrote:
> I am running port install pure-ftpd +mysql + postgresql
> I see my error now, I missed the mysql5 in the variant, so the port
> went ahead and started installing pure-ftpd and postgresql.
>
> If I issue a `port install something +nonexistant` I would expect that
> to fail, is that not the case?

No, you can specify non-existing variants without an error message. Note
that given variants are passed down to dependencies if they are not
installed yet. That way this variant could be meant for some other port
in the dependency tree. Also, variants from variants.conf are always
applied as if you had typed them on the command line.

Rainer