Port review of pure-ftpd

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Fri Oct 30 02:58:17 PDT 2009

On Oct 27, 2009, at 8:37 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> What questions do you have about conflicting variants? I'll
> certainly try to answer them.

I am running port install pure-ftpd +mysql + postgresql
I see my error now, I missed the mysql5 in the variant, so the port
went ahead and started installing pure-ftpd and postgresql.

If I issue a `port install something +nonexistant` I would expect that
to fail, is that not the case?

# Variants
variant mysql5 conflicts postgresql description "Use native MySQL
support for privileges database." {
      depends_lib-append path:bin/mysql_config5:mysql5
      configure.args-append --with-mysql
      configure.cflags-append "-I${prefix}/include/mysql5/mysql"
      configure.ldflags-append "-L${prefix}/lib/mysql5/mysql"
}

variant postgresql conflicts mysql5 description "Use native postgreSQL
support for privileges database." {
      depends_lib-append port:postgresql83
      configure.args-append --with-pgsql
}