Contributing a partially-functional port for nted

Travis Briggs audiodude at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 14:31:27 PDT 2009

Hi,

I recently patched nted
(http://vsr.informatik.tu-chemnitz.de/staff/jan/nted/nted.xhtml) to
work in my macports environment. As distributed, it depends on ALSA
for music score playback. I removed all references to ALSA data types,
and made any functions that utilized them non functioning. So now the
program works well, you can create and edit documents, but when you
try to configure MIDI playback, or activate MIDI playback (using the
play button), nothing happens.

I was wondering if this sort of patch would be useful for the project.
If so, I'll look into the documentation about how to create a port
file (and volunteer to maintain it). If not, I'll probably just
distribute the patch files myself.

Thanks,
-Travis