Contributing a partially-functional port for nted

Travis Briggs audiodude at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 08:00:28 PDT 2009

I've been hoping for an ALSA port for OS X since the early days of
Darwin. Unfortunately, it largely consists of kernel modules, so it
really ain't gonna happen.

I have thought about writing a bridging interface between ALSA and
CoreAudio...but a project like that would likely take years.

I'll contribute the patches to the author of nted and also put them
together in a portfile.

-Travis