Write to HFS in Snow Leopard

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Tue Sep 8 17:43:57 PDT 2009

On 2009-09-09 01:52 , Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> It seems Apple has decided that in Snow Leopard we may now only read
> HFS volumes but not write to them. I need to write to an HFS disk
> image. Anybody know of a way to still do this in Snow Leopard?

Wow, didn't notice and probably would not have ever. Just out of
interest, where do you still have to deal with OS versions which do not
yet understand HFS+?

I guess besides XNU, there are no useful third-party HFS implementations
available except the one in the Linux kernel. But I don't think there is
enough public interest to port any existing drivers to a Snow Leopard
kernel extension...

Rainer