co-existing pythons?

Jack Howarth howarth at bromo.med.uc.edu
Mon Sep 14 08:50:14 PDT 2009

  Actually one reason I asked the question was that
while trying to debug the problems I am seeing with
my test packaging of the molmol molecular modelling
program, I tried to build molmol against lesstif instead
of openmotif. In that case, the lesstif package wanted
me to deactive the openmotif package. What exactly
does this deactivation do? Will binaries built against
lesstif and openmotif run at the same time? In fink
we have lesstif-bin, openmotif3-bin and openmotif4-bin
packages that conflict with each other. However
this doesn't really impact running binaries from
packages built against the different motifs at the
same time. The 'deactivation' prompt was a little
scary since it doesn't clearly indicate that this
process won't make the deactivated motif non-functional.
                 Jack