configure.build_arch

Toby Peterson toby at macports.org
Wed Sep 16 17:52:14 PDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 17:48, Michael_google gmail_Gersten
<keybounce at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Is this why NCursesW fails? At all related to Glib?
>>
>> Please file tickets about ports that fail to build. I know ncursesw
>> builds fine. Not sure about glib2 - but given that we don't have
>> (reproducible) build failures reported for glib2, I believe it's
>> working in general.
>>
>> - Toby
>
> NCursesW does NOT build universal on ppc.
> Glib2's currently open ticket is # #20372

Ok, your situation is special because you're trying to build universal
*and* you're on ppc. That's a pretty doomed combination. Building
i386/ppc universal on ppc is quite unlikely to work for many ports.

Also, this is entirely irrelevant to this thread.

- Toby