[57854] trunk/dports/www/phpmyadmin/Portfile

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Thu Sep 17 17:17:10 PDT 2009

On 2009-09-17 23:26 , Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> Personally, I prefer to tell the user where the sample files are so
> they can make copies if and when they want. Other port authors have
> taken recently to copying the sample files for the user.

If the software requires the config file to run at all, it makes sense
to copy it in a post-activate phase. Otherwise, there is no need to do this.

> I didn't realize there had been a specific decision not to do anything
> about configuration files in MacPorts base; I figured it was just
> something nobody had gotten to yet. There is an open ticket:
>
> http://trac.macports.org/ticket/2365

This has just been ignored as it is on lower priority in my opinion. We
also offered this as a Google Summer of Code task the last years as it
would be relatively easy and even had students interested in the topic.

Rainer