Help on startupitem.executable for Jetty server?

Mark Duling mark.duling at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 17:40:28 PDT 2009

Hello Guy,
There may be a path problem.  Always check the system.log for this type of
thing.  'tail /var/log/system.log'.  I pasted your startupitem information
into the current jetty portfile and I saw this in the system.log after
running launchctl:

Unable to access jarfile /opt/local/share/java/jetty/start.jar

Unless you are updating the path in your updated portfile, I see the path
as /opt/local/share/java/jetty-xxx/start.jar.

Mark