Python ports providing GNOME bindings

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Wed Apr 14 15:30:29 PDT 2010

Hello David, Landon, and Eric (two times ;-))

at the moment you maintain the ports gnome-python-desktop,
gnome-python-extras, gnome-python26-extras and py*-gnome. They are quite
similar and refer to the same upstream source. It's quite unfortunate
that they use different naming. This should be changed to be more
consistent.

In my opinion these ports should follow the py*-gnome* naming as this
allows to have multiple ports for different versions of python.

I propose that these should be changed to:
  * py*-gnome (already exists)
  * py*-gnome-desktop (renamed gnome-python-desktop)
  * py*-gnome-extras (renamed gnome-python*-extras)

What do you think about this?

Rainer