[71014] trunk/dports

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Aug 29 16:49:59 PDT 2010

On Aug 29, 2010, at 18:39, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:

>> Remove "configure.type gnu"; no such option exists
>

> Were the "configure.type gnu" meant to be build.type instead? or is this some relic of the past? or complete confusion?

I thought it was confusion with build.type when I removed it from a recently-submitted portfile:

http://trac.macports.org/ticket/25903#comment:2

See also Joshua's similar experience in 2008:

http://trac.macports.org/ticket/14798#comment:2

But I also found it in the initial submission of the neon port from 2002:

http://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/www/neon/Portfile?rev=831

It wasn't removed from neon until 2007:

http://trac.macports.org/changeset/22356

So I assume we used to have a configure.type in base but it was removed. I couldn't find anything about it though.

If it is confusion with build.type, then "build.type gnu" is the default anyway.