arch checking on depends_build

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at macports.org
Sat Aug 28 10:50:59 PDT 2010

Was this ever addressed?  If so, can someone point me to some info about it because I missed it.  I found another case where we might want to say "I don't care".  Totem (media player) pulls in a bunch of plugins.  Some of these don't build for certain archs, but we don't care because they're plugins and we just won't have support for <insert some rarely used video format here> when running in some arch:

Portfile changed since last build; discarding previous state.
--->  Computing dependencies for totem.
Error: Cannot install totem for the arch(s) 'i386 x86_64' because
Error: its dependency gst-plugins-bad does not build for the required arch(s) by default
Error: and does not have a universal variant.
Error: Unable to execute port: architecture mismatch
To report a bug, see <http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets>