arch checking?

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Fri Dec 3 11:01:46 PST 2010

On 2010-12-4 02:43 , Landon J Fuller wrote:
> Hey All --
>
> I ran across this trying to get openjdk6 ported to 10.5/ppc:
> 	Error: Cannot install openjdk6 for the arch(s) 'powerpc' because
> 	Error: its dependency apache-ant does not build for the required arch(s) by default
> 	Error: and does not have a universal variant.

'powerpc' isn't going to work as a supported_archs / build_arch /
universal_archs value; you have to use something that gcc's -arch will
accept (like 'ppc' in this case).

The macports.conf.default shipped in the 10.4 and 10.5 pkgs for a couple
of versions prior to 1.9.2 accidentally had 'powerpc' in the
commented-out build_arch line.

- Josh