Option for a "local mirror"?

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Thu Dec 23 06:16:17 PST 2010

On Dec 23, 2010, at 12:28 AM, Joshua Root wrote:

> Squid is a caching proxy. Distfiles downloaded by macports are cached
> like anything else. The only setup needed is to tell each machine to use
> the proxy in System Preferences.

or set up your local network to force traffic through squid (so you don't need to configure anything on the individual hosts). I know of a bunch of people who've used squid + wccp specifically to make softwareupdate not have to re-download large updates multiple times over a somewhat-slow link.

--
Daniel J. Luke