What is wrong with my download location

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Feb 11 16:29:02 PST 2010

On Feb 11, 2010, at 12:20, Scott Haneda wrote:

> My Portfile
> http://pastie.org/820410
>
> The downloads from SF:
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=69172
>
> Snips from Portfile
> version             1.6.5.3
> master_sites        sourceforge
> livecheck.regex     "ASSP Installation ASSP (\\d+(?:\\.\\d+)*) released"
> use_zip             yes
>
> When I try to install, I am unable to locate the download, it tries about 15 different SF servers, all of which fail.
>
> The developer just posted this:
>    schreibt:
>    P.S. ASSP Version: 1.6.5.1(0.0.06)
>
>    stable version: 1.6.5.3
>    beta version: 1.6.5.4
>
> So he is under the impression that 1.6.5.3 is stable, but I can not find it.

Scott, you've asked this question on this list at least twice before and were advised [1] [2] that you need to write:

master_sites sourceforge:assp

When you write "master_sites sourceforge" like you did, that expands to "master_sites sourceforge:${name}" which expands to "master_sites sourceforge:ASSP", but you'll note that the directory name in the SourceForge URLs is "assp" not "ASSP". Case matters.

To get a successful download, I also had to change the version to 1.6.5.4. I can find no version 1.6.5.3 on the download site. If you believe there should be one, ask the developer.

[1] http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-users/2009-February/014069.html

[2] http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-dev/2009-November/010697.html