What is wrong with my download location

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Thu Feb 11 17:01:17 PST 2010

On Feb 11, 2010, at 4:29 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Feb 11, 2010, at 12:20, Scott Haneda wrote:
>
>> My Portfile
>> http://pastie.org/820410
>>
>> The downloads from SF:
>> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=69172
>>
>> Snips from Portfile
>> version             1.6.5.3
>> master_sites        sourceforge
>> livecheck.regex     "ASSP Installation ASSP (\\d+(?:\\.\\d+)*) released"
>> use_zip             yes
>>
>> When I try to install, I am unable to locate the download, it tries about 15 different SF servers, all of which fail.
>>
>> The developer just posted this:
>>   schreibt:
>>   P.S. ASSP Version: 1.6.5.1(0.0.06)
>>
>>   stable version: 1.6.5.3
>>   beta version: 1.6.5.4
>>
>> So he is under the impression that 1.6.5.3 is stable, but I can not find it.
>
> Scott, you've asked this question on this list at least twice before and were advised [1] [2] that you need to write:
>
> master_sites sourceforge:assp
>
> When you write "master_sites sourceforge" like you did, that expands to "master_sites sourceforge:${name}" which expands to "master_sites sourceforge:ASSP", but you'll note that the directory name in the SourceForge URLs is "assp" not "ASSP". Case matters.

And I also note that there is "projects" and "files" in that name as well, which makes me completely unable to understand how "sourceforge:assp" works?

> To get a successful download, I also had to change the version to 1.6.5.4. I can find no version 1.6.5.3 on the download site. If you believe there should be one, ask the developer.

I have, twice, he does not care.  This was the first port I ever took on, and it was a harder than usual port to deal with, coupled with a developer who thinks that using MacPorts to install the dependencies is a waste, since he included a bash script to do it for you.  One that does not work though.  This is largely "on your own" territory here.  He has no care for any packages other than his own.  Some are on SF, some are on his private hosted website, who knows.  I would fork it if I knew perl.

I also can not find all the versions, even their home page lists a version that appears to have no download file.

> [1] http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-users/2009-February/014069.html
>
> [2] http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-dev/2009-November/010697.html

Thanks Ryan, sorry for the redundant posts.  Internally, I am not at all understanding what is going on.  I have had this as a suggestion:
master_sites        sourceforge:"assp/${name}%20Installation/${name}%20${version}/"
Which works, but I certainly do not like it.

And I just tried:
master_sites        sourceforge:assp
Of course, it works, but I swear I tried it before, with correct case, and it was not working.

When I go to http://assp.sourceforge.net/ and click on downloads, and am taken to:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/assp/files/

I see the main link is a download with this resource:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/assp/files/ASSP%20Installation/ASSP%201.6.5.4/ASSP_1.6.5.4-Install.zip/download

How in the heck does MacPorts go from sourceforge:assp to that url?  What is the real and full url MacPorts is going to expand that to.  You can ignore the FQDN part of it (since there are so many mirrors), I am looking to know the URI that is expanded.

Is this a convention, to put :projectname in the master_sites, and if so, how would I know, or determine this on my own, with nothing more than the urls to the project.

The URL's are always some long mess like this:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/assp/files/ASSP%20Installation/ASSP%201.6.1.3/ASSP_1.6.1.3-Install.zip

$sudo port -dv fetch is not verbose enough, I get this
--->  Attempting to fetch ASSP_1.6.5.4-Install.zip from http://internap.dl.sourceforge.net/assp
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100  551k  100  551k    0     0   262k      0  0:00:02  0:00:02 --:--:--  760k

I would like to know the first resource it asked for, the redirects it must have ran into, etc.
Thanks.  I swear, after this, I will never ask about downloads again :)