AbiWord 2.8.2 depends on cairo +quartz - how to proceed?

matthias.rampke at googlemail.com matthias.rampke at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 19 13:09:01 PST 2010

Hello,

I've been working on bringing the aged editors/abiword port up to date. One problem I have encountered is that it needs the +quartz variant of cairo to compile. As there still seems to be no way to declare such a dependency, how should I proceed? Is there a "best practice" for this case?

I am aware of the discussion about +quartz [1], although it seems that *not* activating it by default is breaking some things as well :(

The current state of the Portfile can be found at [2], it appears to be working apart from the aforementioned quirk. Note that as of now it is not possible to use the source tarball from [3] because it is missing a few files essential for the OS X port. I am in contact with the AbiWord developers so this will probably be fixed in the next release.

I haven't had time to actually use the compiled .app, and I couldn't try +universal due to lack of +universal libraries as of now, so any testing/input is very welcome.

many thanks,
Matthias

[1] http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-users/2009-March/014563.html
[2] http://github.com/matthiasr/abiword-macports