AbiWord 2.8.2 depends on cairo +quartz - how to proceed?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Feb 19 13:21:31 PST 2010

On Feb 19, 2010, at 15:09, matthias.rampke at googlemail.com wrote:

> I've been working on bringing the aged editors/abiword port up to date. One problem I have encountered is that it needs the +quartz variant of cairo to compile. As there still seems to be no way to declare such a dependency, how should I proceed? Is there a "best practice" for this case?

I suggest doing it the way the pango port's quartz variant does it. For example:

pre-configure {
    set cairo_quartz_pc ${prefix}/lib/pkgconfig/cairo-quartz.pc
    if {![file exists ${cairo_quartz_pc}]} {
        ui_error "cairo must be installed with the quartz variant."
        return -code error "incompatible cairo installation"
    }
}