Need help with libtool

Takeshi Enomoto takeshi at macports.org
Sat Feb 27 07:14:06 PST 2010

Hi,

I need a help from autotools (libtool) guru.

I have a port (such as #23645) that have a link problem in which
the older library is found in ${prefix}/lib rather than a freshly built in
e.g. .libs/.

The cause of the problem seems to be libtool --mode link adds
unwated -L${preflix}/lib in front of the newly built lib.

In the case of #23645 (nco) src/nco/.libs/libnco.la is replaced with
-L${prefix}/lib ./.libs/libnco.a.

I experimented calling autoconf or aclocal and autoconf in vain.

I would be happy if someone could direct me to an example port
handling a similar problem.

macports-dev-owner: sorry I should have send from my macports.org address.

Takeshi