2010 the year for package builds? [was Re: Is it time to start regression testing yet?]

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Tue Jan 5 15:52:45 PST 2010

On 2010-1-6 10:38 , C. Florian Ebeling wrote:
> William Siegrist who looks after the other MP systems was
> pushing into the direction of MySQL anyway

I don't remember it that way. He was against adding Yet Another DBMS to
the server without a good reason. MySQL was simply mentioned as what
currently runs ports.php, and I don't recall anyone saying that ditching
it wouldn't be possible. Portmill and (the hypothetical future) MPWA
should probably use the same back end.

If there was to be a Grand Unified DB, it would most likely be Postgres
since that's what runs Trac (and I understand that isn't likely to change).

- Josh