License option

Dan Villiom Podlaski Christiansen danchr at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 00:29:42 PST 2010

On 9 Jan 2010, at 20:38, nox wrote:

> Well, I have nothing against using "v", but it is not really human-readable when the license name is a word, thus it's less beautiful. And using slashes makes the parsing less straightforward.

Might I suggest the following syntax?

license     GPL-2.0 LGPL-2.1 Whatever-3.2.1

As another point, it might be worthwhile to use something like »Permissive« as a catch-all for BSD, X11, zlib/libpng, MIT and similar licences. In practice, the distinction between them is unlikely to have any practical significance whatsoever… (As long as »BSD« doesn't imply old-style BSD with an advertising clause, that is.)

--

Dan Villiom Podlaski Christiansen
danchr at gmail.com