Dropping qt4-kde?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Jan 12 07:02:21 PST 2010

Quoting Jeremy Lainé:

> OK, say goodbye to qt4-kde!

It would be better to keep a stub qt4-kde port around, with the
version upgraded to 4.6.0, with a pre-configure phase explaining that
qt4-mac should be used instead, and marked as "replaced_by qt4-mac" so
that anybody who still has the port installed will be auto-upgraded to
qt4-mac and won't be left with this old port installed. See examples
in ports like php5-zlib and pureftpd. The stub port can be removed
after a reasonable amount of time (my intention is to remove my stub
ports after 1 year).