php5.3 upgrade or php5.2 with CRYPT_MD5

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Jan 12 12:26:36 PST 2010

Quoting Bradley Giesbrecht:

> I am needing to use php5 crypt() with CRYPT_MD5.
>
> I have 5.3 on my dev machine and crypt() with CRYPT_MD5 is working
> fine while on my server with php 5.2.11 has CRYPT_MD5 = 0.
>
> Does anyone know of a way to get "CRYPT_MD5 = 1"  with macports php5.2.11?

The PHP page about crypt says "As of PHP 5.3.0, PHP contains its own
implementation and will use that if the system lacks of support for
one or more of the algorithms." I see the two DES algorithms are
supported but the MD5 and Blowfish ones aren't. So presumably support
for those is not in "the system". I'll try to figure out what library
would provide these algorithms for PHP 5.2.

> Trying to upgrade to php5.3 on my server results in an error trying
> to build help2man.
>
> ##
> bash-3.2# port upgrade help2man
> /usr/bin/gcc-4.0  -o bindtextdomain.so -fPIC -bundle bindtextdomain.c -lintl
> ld: library not found for -lintl
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [bindtextdomain.so] Error 1
>
> Error: Unable to upgrade port: 1
> ##
>
> I don't have the time to track this down right now. If someone has a
> quick fix great.

This was supposed to have been fixed two weeks ago:

http://trac.macports.org/ticket/23050

If you still see the problem after "sudo port selfupdate" let us know.