php5.3 upgrade or php5.2 with CRYPT_MD5

Bradley Giesbrecht brad at pixilla.com
Tue Jan 12 12:16:53 PST 2010

I am needing to use php5 crypt() with CRYPT_MD5.

I have 5.3 on my dev machine and crypt() with CRYPT_MD5 is working
fine while on my server with php 5.2.11 has CRYPT_MD5 = 0.

Does anyone know of a way to get "CRYPT_MD5 = 1"  with macports
php5.2.11?

Trying to upgrade to php5.3 on my server results in an error trying to
build help2man.

##
bash-3.2# port upgrade help2man
/usr/bin/gcc-4.0  -o bindtextdomain.so -fPIC -bundle bindtextdomain.c -
lintl
ld: library not found for -lintl
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [bindtextdomain.so] Error 1

Error: Unable to upgrade port: 1
##

I don't have the time to track this down right now. If someone has a
quick fix great.

// Brad