[MacPorts] #22993: new port for dovecot-sieve

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Jan 27 23:52:07 PST 2010

On Jan 27, 2010, at 22:41, Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:

> On Jan 27, 2010, at 8:06 PM, MacPorts wrote:
>
>> #22993: new port for dovecot-sieve
>> ------------------------------+---------------------------------------------
>> Reporter:  brad@…            |       Owner:  macports-tickets@…
>>    Type:  submission        |      Status:  new
>> Changes (by ryandesign@…):
>>
>> * cc: ryandesign@… (added)
>>

>> Comment:
>>
>> The attached patch to update dovecot contains tons of irrelevancies. Could
>> you or someone try again, submitting a diff that makes only the relevant
>> changes to update to the latest version? Note that I've made many changes
>> to dovecot today, and that 1.2.10 is now the latest version available.
>

> Since Ryan already updated dovecot to 1.2.10 there is no need, right?

I have not updated dovecot to 1.2.10 yet.

> As for the dovecot-sieve portfile I don't know how to do it any better.

I haven't even begun to look at your dovecot-sieve portfile yet; I was just interested in getting dovecot updated to 1.2.10. I was referring to irrelevancies in the patch that was supplied in this ticket to perform that update:

http://trac.macports.org/attachment/ticket/22993/patch-Portfile

For example, it changes the Id line, it changes the branch variable name to major_version, it introduces a typo in the long_description, it adds an unnecessary distname directive, it changes pkgconfig from a build to a library dependency, it adds Darwin 7 blocks when MacPorts now requires Darwin 8 or newer, it changes the formatting of the rawlog and ldap variants.... Why were all these changes made and what do they have with updating the port to 1.2.10?