Chromium BSU versus Chromium

Jordan K. Hubbard jkh at apple.com
Thu Jul 8 13:50:00 PDT 2010

Well, that raises an interesting point.  If some fairly obscure game featuring canids with lasers had claimed the name "firefox", would we really relegate the firefox browser to a different name, or would we check the google hits on each and decide that for the overwhelming majority of the world, "firefox" meant a browser and it would be silly to have macports follow a different convention just for historical reasons?

I think chromium falls into the same category, myself.

- Jordan