exif will not install

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Fri Jun 18 00:53:12 PDT 2010

I am pretty sure I brought this up before, but I can't find a relevant thread.

There is this trac ticketL
http://trac.macports.org/ticket/24359

port outdated reports incorrect data for 'exif' and 'libexif'.

In trying to install I have generated two logs, one which was from a tee, and the other generated from the new logging feature in MacPorts.

MP Generated:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/340087/drops/06.18.10/main-fdacd1e6-004859.log

tee generated:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/340087/drops/06.18.10/exif_build-afb34471-004859.log

Here are the Portfile's that I was using to create the logs above:
exif
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/340087/drops/06.18.10/Portfile-exif-247c37db-005040.txt

libexif:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/340087/drops/06.18.10/Portfile-libexif-d3102be0-005040.txt

What should I do to get these two to work correctly so I can get diff's sent in?  Thank you, and sorry if this is a duplicate of a previous request.  I was doing some file cleaning and found these two Portfiles laying around; I would like to get them posted.

When the maintainer states just a name, in this case 'simon' what does that mean?  Do I take over these ports, or just update them and submit them?