exif will not install

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Jun 18 01:29:16 PDT 2010

On Jun 18, 2010, at 02:53, Scott Haneda wrote:

> I am pretty sure I brought this up before, but I can't find a relevant thread.
>
> There is this trac ticketL
> http://trac.macports.org/ticket/24359
>
> port outdated reports incorrect data for 'exif' and 'libexif'.
>
> In trying to install I have generated two logs, one which was from a tee, and the other generated from the new logging feature in MacPorts.
>
> MP Generated:
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/340087/drops/06.18.10/main-fdacd1e6-004859.log
>
> tee generated:
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/340087/drops/06.18.10/exif_build-afb34471-004859.log
>
> Here are the Portfile's that I was using to create the logs above:
> exif
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/340087/drops/06.18.10/Portfile-exif-247c37db-005040.txt
>
> libexif:
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/340087/drops/06.18.10/Portfile-libexif-d3102be0-005040.txt
>
> What should I do to get these two to work correctly so I can get diff's sent in?  Thank you, and sorry if this is a duplicate of a previous request.  I was doing some file cleaning and found these two Portfiles laying around; I would like to get them posted.
>
> When the maintainer states just a name, in this case 'simon' what does that mean?

What do you mean, what does it mean? :) It means the port is maintained by Simon Ruderich, as shown on the MacPortsDevelopers wiki page.

> Do I take over these ports, or just update them and submit them?

exif is maintained by Simon, so if you want to take it over, you should discuss that with him. libexif has no maintainer, and exif is openmaintainer, so we can feel free to update the ports. Both ports at 0.6.19 built fine for me so I committed the update and resolved the ticket. Not sure why you experienced a build error.