MPAB on 10.6

William Siegrist wsiegrist at apple.com
Sun Jun 20 23:00:15 PDT 2010

On Jun 20, 2010, at 4:00 PM, Joshua Root wrote:

> It seems that running in a chroot is problematic on 10.6. Network access
> doesn't work, and xcodebuild crashes.
>
> Any suggestions for fixes or alternatives?

Darwinbuild used to use xcodebuild in a chroot, but it just kept getting harder and harder, so instead I extended darwintrace to do a soft chroot with a list of paths that were allowed to escape (like all the paths that Xcode needs for itself). It works better for darwinbuild, but I'm not sure how maintainable such an approach would be for MPAB.

For more details, see the following file and look for redirect_exceptions and the redirect_path macro.

http://darwinbuild.macosforge.org/trac/browser/trunk/darwintrace/darwintrace.c

-Bill