MPAB on 10.6

Jordan K. Hubbard jkh at apple.com
Mon Jun 21 13:16:41 PDT 2010

Depends on how you constructed the chroot - are you sure you union mounted all of the various important filesystems like devfs and fdesc?   I've built quite a bit of stuff in a chroot environment on 10.6, so I'm surprised it is failing for you.

Of course, Bill's suggestion that interposing can be used to create a "soft chroot" where all attempted modifications go into a separate place is also a good one, but something that clearly needs to be done with some care lest you pollute the host system.

- Jordan