Trunk and system's subversion

Andrea D'Amore and.damore at macports.org
Tue May 11 00:56:01 PDT 2010

I just upgraded base and reinstalled, when trying to run "port sync"
on a Leopard PPC Mac I get:

$ port -d sync
DEBUG: Synchronizing ports tree(s)
Synchronizing local ports tree from
file:///opt/local/var/macports/sources/svn.macports.org/trunk/dports
DEBUG: /usr/bin/svn update --non-interactive
/opt/local/var/macports/sources/svn.macports.org/trunk/dports
svn: This client is too old to work with working copy
'/opt/local/var/macports/sources/svn.macports.org/trunk'; please get a
newer Subversion client
shell command "/usr/bin/svn update --non-interactive
/opt/local/var/macports/sources/svn.macports.org/trunk/dports"
returned error 1
DEBUG: shell command failed
    while executing
"system $svn_commandline"
Error: Synchronization of the local ports tree failed doing an svn update
DEBUG: Synchronization of 1 source(s) failed
    while executing
"mportsync [array get global_options]"
port sync failed: Synchronization of 1 source(s) failed

This happens with svn 1.6.2 provided from tigris.org Finder plugin:

$ /usr/local/bin/svn --version
 svn, version 1.6.2 (r37639)
    compiled May 21 2009, 19:03:03

System's svn is even older:

$ /usr/bin/svn --version
svn, version 1.4.4 (r25188)
   compiled Sep 28 2009, 16:25:45

I didn't find any reference for a specific svn version in Changelog,
if 1.9 has specific requirements we should mention it.

--
Andrea