Homebrew

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Wed May 19 03:11:30 PDT 2010

On 19.05.2010 10:40, Takeshi Enomoto wrote:
> I need a local repository
> - to develop a new port. portindex runs fast.

You don't need to run portindex when editing a Portfile. Most operations
just fall back to the Portfile in the current directory or you can
explicitly use the pseudo-port 'current'.

You would only need to run portindex when you write multiple

FWIW, portindex will be a lot faster in 1.9 as it will only parse
modified Portfiles.

> - to use modified Portfiles. Even if I send a patch the maintainer
> does not adopt them (or even reject them --- no response. e.g. ftgl,
> octave accelerate variant).

Non-responding maintainers are always a problem we are facing. We have
the 72 hours timeout policy and the port abandonement process after 3
weeks. Other than that, I don't know what else we should do to ensure
submitted patches get committed.

Rainer