Homebrew

Takeshi Enomoto takeshi at enomosphere.net
Thu May 20 02:39:05 PDT 2010

> You don't need to run portindex when editing a Portfile. Most operations
> just fall back to the Portfile in the current directory or you can
> explicitly use the pseudo-port 'current'.

This would be very handy. Thanks for letting me know.

> FWIW, portindex will be a lot faster in 1.9 as it will only parse
> modified Portfiles.

I noticed this feature when I run portindex for my local tree.

> Non-responding maintainers are always a problem we are facing. We have
> the 72 hours timeout policy and the port abandonement process after 3
> weeks.

Sometimes when I am busy at work or home I am not able to respond in 72 h.
So I try not to be so strict but there are some patches I wish the maintainer(s)
to look at but not responsive.

Maybe I will ask again and then write to this list if I would like to
do the fix and commit by myself.

Takeshi