Easy way to exit maintainer roles?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu May 20 12:38:13 PDT 2010

On May 20, 2010, at 14:20, Darren Weber wrote:

> I may be moving on to a new position working with linux systems, with no access to an OSX system.  I should probably relinquish maintainer status on any ports that I've been working with soon.  What is the easiest way to do that?  Should I go through the svn tree and remove 'dweber' or 'dweber at macports.org' from all maintainer configs?  Is there any convenience method to do that?
>
> Sorry to be leaving, I've struggled and learned a lot.  This community has been very helpful and supportive.

Thanks for helping while you could!

Yes, you would just edit yourself out of the maintainers line. If you were the only maintainer, set it to "nomaintainer". If "openmaintainer" is the only maintainer left, change that to "nomaintainer".

I'm not aware of a script to automate this though it's not hard to do by hand. Assuming your main ports repository is a Subversion working copy, I might do:

$ port file maintainer:dweber > /tmp/myports
$ edit --wait $(cat /tmp/myports)
$ svn di $(cat /tmp/myports)
$ svn ci $(cat /tmp/myports)

I use TextWrangler; "edit --wait" opens a file into TextWrangler and waits for you to save and close it before opening the next file. If you use a different editor, you probably have a similar command available.

You may also want to assign the remaining Trac tickets you own back to macports-tickets at lists.macosforge.org.