Trouble installing powerDNS

Titus von Boxberg titus at v9g.de
Sat May 22 01:44:47 PDT 2010

Am 22.05.2010 um 07:25 schrieb Scott Haneda:
> Trying to get powerdns to build before I take on making a port.
>
> The first issue I have is that it needs something called "Boost" which is a huge set of files.  I finally got it to go with MacPorts, but that still yielded an error:
>
> Missing boost - please install Boost packages or see http://doc.powerdns.com/compiling-powerdns.html
> That was from this command: $CXXFLAGS=-I/opt/local/include/boost ./configure
> Since I don't need the compiled versions, and just the includes, I took the easy road, which I am wondering how to do in a PortFile, as I do not want to add the hour long compile time to this dependency if I just need to download it, unpack it, and point to the files.  Heck, even untarring takes a while.
>
> http://doc.powerdns.com/compiling-powerdns.html
>
> So now, I do as per above:
> $CXXFLAGS=-I/Users/haneda/Downloads/boost_1_43_0 ./configure
> That "boost_1_43_0" directory is a straight SL from SF.net, and just unpacked from tar.
I do not know about powerDNS.
boost's includes are normally expected in a directory named boost,
#included with something like <boost/xxx.hpp>.
This directory gets installed by the boost port directly under /opt/local/bin
so your flags should read -I/opt/local/include
without the trailing "/boost"

imho you should not "take the easy road" but rely on macports to install boost as a dependency.

Regards
Titus