Trouble installing powerDNS

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat May 22 04:55:09 PDT 2010

On May 22, 2010, at 00:25, Scott Haneda wrote:

>    checking for MySQL library directory... configure: error: Didn't find
>    the mysql library dir in '/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql
>    /usr/local/lib/mysql /opt/mysql/lib/mysql
>    /usr/lib/mysql /usr/local/mysql/lib /usr/local/lib /opt/mysql/lib
>    /usr/lib 		/usr/sfw/lib/'
>
> I do have Mysql installed, so I think I just need to point something to a set of libs, but I do no know where, or the syntax,

"./configure --help" should tell you what the flag is.

> and would also like to know how to point to the MP install of Boost, since I did take the time to install it.

I agree with Titus, I'd try -I/opt/local/include (not -I/opt/local/include/boost).

> Is it possible in a Portfile to describe the installation in a way that a distro is downloaded, unpacked, and only referenced, and then cleaned up when done?

Well yes, but only if the boost distfile were listed in your powerdns port. And this would cause the boost distfile to be downloaded again. So that's not optimal for all those users who already have boost downloaded and installed.