Removing support for include statements

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed May 26 15:24:33 PDT 2010

On May 26, 2010, at 17:17, Joshua Root wrote:

> On 2010-5-27 02:27 , Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>>

>> On May 26, 2010, at 11:11, Rainer Müller wrote:
>>
>>> PS: On a related note, from 1.9 on the versions in PortSystem and
>>> PortGroup need to declare a stable interface or otherwise we will have a
>>> similar problem.
>>
>> Hm, yeah, we haven't been incrementing that version number at all. What kinds of changes would necessitate increasing that version number? Any changes we've already done in the past for example?
>
> Anything that removes a proc or variable or significantly alters its
> semantics. We try not to do that.

Right, we tend to just add features. Though with 1.9 we are changing how the notes keyword functions. And we might want to rename the conflicts keyword at some point. Those kinds of changes might want a version bump of some kind. But since we've never done it before, I'm a bit unclear of what that involves or implies.