Email Addresses in Man Pages

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Mon Nov 1 17:24:53 PDT 2010

> You are talking about the "Authors" section at the end of "man port" for example? I see several @opendarwin.org addresses which might not be valid anymore. I also see several peoples' names listed who aren't active with the project anymore.
>
> But I'm not sure it's the best strategy to try to keep that list updated with new people. I don't know whom to properly consider "authors" of MacPorts. Can we just delete that section, or refer people to the MacPortsDevelopers wiki page?

As much as we tell people "it's in the man page" we should keep the man pages updated as a whole. The man pages are authoritative since some topics do not exist on the wiki. By virtue of being listed on the documentation that person becomes a good place to field further questions--it's definitely implied if the contact information is provided.

I'd say keep the names but drop the addresses.